Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

Is it possible to apply for H1B extension after GC revoked? I received a letter saying GC will be revoked in 30 days. If possible, do I need to wait for 30 days and then apply? I still have 1 yr 3 months out of my 6 yr H1B time period.

Asked on 8/03/09, 1:19 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

A person cannot have two statuses at the same time: cannot be a permanent resident and H1B visa holder at the same time. If you were a permanent resident, you were no longer in H1B status, and cannot transfer/extend it.

Read more
Answered on 8/03/09, 2:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida