Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

my girlfriend came to the usa illegally, and i im a u s citizen, what should we do to get her statue while she here?

Asked on 11/02/14, 11:03 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Because she entered illegally, she cannot adjust or change status.

Depending on when she entered, her age, & other factors, she might be eligible for DACA.

If you get married, you will need to file a "provisional waiver" for her. If it is approved, she will need to leave the country & apply for her greencard at the U.S. Embassy in her home country. There is always a risk of the immigrant visa being denied on other grounds & then she would not be let back in the U.S. However, you should consult with an experienced immigration attorney to carefully review her case before you proceed.

Good luck to you both.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/14, 7:15 pm
Paul V. Suppicich Maney, Gordon, Zeller, P.A.

Call my law office toll free at 1-800 708-4399 so we can discuss the matter.

Truly yours,

Read more
Answered on 11/03/14, 4:37 am
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 11/03/14, 11:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida