Legal Question in Immigration Law in Florida

I am currently married to a US citizen for 15 months with my green card pending and I am currently working for a company with my EAD card on 1099 contract- My card is expiring and I have submitted my renewal application but I did not realize it took 90 days for renewal so there may be a period between the expiration of the old card and renewal of the new card when I have no valid EAD card - can I still work considering that my green card is pending and I am married to a US citizen? Are there any issues?

Asked on 9/02/13, 9:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You are not legally authorized to work if your current EAD is expired and your EAD extension (I-765) has been pending less than 90 days. However, if the EAD extension is not adjudicated within 90 days, you can request an interim EAD, which is valid for 240 days.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Florida