Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

My car caught fire 7/16. The ajuster totaled it. The Insurance offered a low amount. After refusing the offer all of a sudden they want and arson investigation. I sent police reports as well as witness info but they still want to drag it out. We have no car. My wife is disabled from depression and I have sever copd so we can't even go to Doctor appt. Is there anything I can do I'm affraid it's going to her back in the hospital

Asked on 7/27/10, 10:28 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Nation The Nation Law Firm

I've litigated over 1000 insurance cases, and I've had several cases where the insurance company claims arson, but has no proof of it. While you have to cooperate with their investigation, you need an attorney to guide you through the process. If they believe that this is arson, then the insurance company will report it to the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation and possibly the State Attorneys Office. Bottom line, you need an attorney who does this kind of work. The way I handle these cases is if I win, the insurance company pays our fees and costs, and if I lose, I'll work for free.

Read more
Answered on 7/27/10, 1:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida