Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Florida

Vehicle abandonment

I have a vehicle in my yard for more than 2 years and i dont have a title the original owner got arrested and now he wont come get the vehicle his girlfriend now my fiance has tried contacting him but we cant and the city wont let us register it. Can we legally claim the vehicle? if we can How?

Asked on 12/11/07, 7:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner, McLaughlin & Whittemore P.A.

Re: Vehicle abandonment

From your post it appears that you do not own the vehicle. If that is the case, you obvioulsy cannot register it as yours or use it. If the owner has been arrested, it is usually easiy to find such an individual. Check the jail. Check the court docket and you'll find contact information or his lawyer's name. Get in touch with him and offer to buy the car if you want it. Get him to transfer the title. If he still wants it -- tell him to get it off your property, or have it towed yourself.

Read more
Answered on 12/15/07, 12:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Florida