Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Florida

An attorney that I retained made numerous mistakes on my case and it cost me thousands. Can he or his partner sue me for posting a very negative (but true) online review (ie, same review will be on avvo, google, yelp, etc)?

Asked on 6/18/16, 8:08 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Steven Meyer CPLS, P.A.


If you write a statement of your opinion, together with facts that are true, then you have not committed defamation. However, that does not prevent someone from suing you, and it may be very expensive for you to defend the case (particularly if it's a lawyer suing you, who can do it all himself and doesn't have to pay a lawyer to represent him). So, you may want to think about whether it's worth posting your messages.

You may also have a claim against the lawyer who messed up your case. There is a two year statute of limitations for filing a claim of this type in court. We have handled many claims of this type, and would be happy to discuss your situation with you. We offer a free initial consultation.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/16, 9:29 am
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Be careful. Run your desired post passed another attorney just to

Make sure you are safe. Your conclusions are what can be a problem. Your opinions are generally ok. Differentiating can be difficult.

Read more
Answered on 6/18/16, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Florida