Legal Question in Mediation in Florida

after 30 years of marriage my parents got divorced and after mediation my dad was ordered to $400 a month. My dad remarried but my mum has not,2 months ago my dad stopped paying the support, so my mum went back to the court to enforce the law, today at court my dad's lawyer got the case adjourned until next month but also told the judge my dad was unable to work(which is not true)so could not pay the monthly amount but could afford to pay for the life mum at this time is struggling with bills and her hours at work have been cut so she was without a lawyer.what can we do to ensure she gets her monthly check and where does she stand legally.we dont know what to do.

Asked on 5/18/10, 6:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Brent Rose The Orsini & Rose Law Firm

You haven't provided nearly enough information for me to answer your question. The obvious answer to your question is: somehow prove that your father is able to work. Knowing nothing about your mother's case, I wouldn't be able to know where to start. Her best bet is to hire a lawyer to help her or she'll almost surely lose the alimony.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Mediation questions and answers in Florida