Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

My soon to be ex daughter-in-law hired an attorney while my son is still in a coma. Do I have to go with this attorney?

Asked on 5/17/11, 11:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Steven Meyer CPLS, P.A.

I'm sorry to hear about your son. What happened that put him into a coma?

If your son is still married, then his wife can hire an attorney on his behalf while he's incapacitated. However, have they filed for divorce? Why do you say that she will soon be an ex-wife?

Read more
Answered on 5/18/11, 10:32 am
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

No. Court is to pick who is best for purposes of claim. Wife generally first one picked, but if near divorce or in divorce, judge may not agree. See lawyer in your area.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/11, 2:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida