Legal Question in Personal Injury in Florida

Fell at Bar/Club...Fractured Ankle

I was at a bar/club that offered dancing at their establishment. They offered not only a regular dance floor but also a raised dance floor about 4ft off theground.There are no railings nor anyone overseeing to make sure the stage did not get overcrowded. When I started dancing on the raised dance floor there was only a few people counting the two people that I was dancing with. When I really good dance song was played alot of people started coming onto this raised dance floor.I was dancing and moving over to make room for the other people and fell off of the stage. An ambulance had to come to take me to the Hospital.It was found that I had a hairline fracture in my foot plus torn ligamants in myankle.They put me in an air cast. It was not healing good after a few weeks so they decided that I needed a hard cast to prevent any movement of the ankle.I called the club and they told me that they do not pay my bills but if found that they are responsible they would reinburse me my money.I have no health insurance.The other day I received a letter from them telling me that they found they are not liable for my bills.Are they not liable for my bills thru their ins?I will be needing possible physical therapy.What can I do? Please help!!

Asked on 11/07/04, 10:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Craig Dorne Craig M. Dorne, PA

Re: Fell at Bar/Club...Fractured Ankle

The club may be held liable for damages. You need to consult with an attorney in your area. Note that these issues are time sensitive so you need to act promptly.

Craig M. Dorne 305-534-4757, 407 Lincoln Road, Penthouse Southeast, Miami Beach, FL 33139

Read more
Answered on 11/08/04, 10:33 pm
Scott R. Jay Law Offices of Scott R. Jay

Re: Fell at Bar/Club...Fractured Ankle

NOTE: This communication is not intended as and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Rather, it is intended solely as a general discussion of legal principles. You should not rely on or take action based on this communication without first presenting ALL relevant details to a competent attorney in your jurisdiction and then receiving the attorney's individualized advice for you. By reading the "Response" to your question or comment, you agree that the opinion expressed is not intended to, nor does it, create any attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. If you do not agree, then stop right here, and do not read any further.

There may very well be liability for the club owner. Most establishments will not accept liability at first but when faced with legal action, they acquiesce.

I strongly suggest that you consult an attorney. Most attorneys will work on a personal injury matter on a contingency fee basis. Simply put, they take a percentage of whatever monies they get for you. If they do not get any money for you, you do not have to pay any fee.

If you have any further questions, you may telephone my office.

Scott R. Jay, Esq., 305-249-8000

Read more
Answered on 11/07/04, 11:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Florida