Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Florida

I am retired and on SSD.I am paying on a condo that isnt worth half what my loan is for and will probably never be.I am living in a condo association that keep raisng the fees everytime someone bails out and I am at the point that I cant afford it any more and want to know what can the bank do other than mess up my credit if I bail out.I really dont care I dont plan on gettibg a loan for anything.I plan to rent after I get out of this if I can.Can they take the money I have in the bank ? Thank you !

Asked on 8/13/09, 1:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Once they obtain a judgment against you, they can levy on your non exempt assets. SSD is exempt.

Read more
Answered on 8/13/09, 6:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Florida