Legal Question in Social Security Law in Florida

Should I tell my SSA disability lawyer I received two different sets of medical records from the PCP who treated me 2013-2014?

Got sick 2013. PCP said stroke. No tests ordered. Got worse. PCP sent to a friend-rheumatologist (RH) 2/hrs out (closest) who says I can't be so sick stop or RH will put me on a crazy list. PCP says he'll manage conditions. Lasts a year. Near end I am treated like faking. RH opens. They find autoimmune disease. Leave PCP. Get their records 04/14 and give to SSA. DENIED. Husband check PCP records and finds severe issues: things missing, pages out of order, vague, doesnt look like med records, no mention of stroke. We decide to move. Before moving husband tells PCP per SSA records look fake & didn't include stroke but SSA won't give copy. Gets second set: Rx refill items in set 1 not in set 2; some face visits in set 1 not in set 2 & vice versa, set 2 stroke visit = "active diagnosis" of "head injury" not in set 1. Offer SSA set 2 they decline. DENIED. Last week found new issue re 05/13: set 1= Rx refill only; set 2= face visit w/ prostate exam, physical & RH advice I get MRI. Now 2 yrs later hearing next mo. Give new lawyer old records on Fri. Should I give both sets w/ info or avoid since SSA doesn't have set 2 + it's old? Concern this'll overwhelm lawyer/delay hearing. Please help

Asked on 7/18/16, 2:58 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Why haven't you filed for medical malpractice? it is very clear than your records are incomplete and do not address the issues. Yes I would give all records to the attorney and also be looking for a medical malpractice attorney in your area for inappropriate handling of your diagnoses, paper work, insufficient information etc.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/16, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Social Security Law questions and answers in Florida