Legal Question in Traffic Law in Florida

I am an exchange student with a Florida license leaving the country tomorrow. I got a speeding ticket today. What happens if I dont pay? Will they come after me in my home country? Will I have trouble reentering the US for a vacation?

Asked on 2/02/12, 6:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Craig Epifanio Craig Epifanio, P.A.

They're not going to come after you for a speeding ticket. That said, why not just resolve it before you leave. You can call and elect the school and keep the points off. Or even just pay it (but I don't recommend that). You can also just hire an attorney to go to court for you that way you have a chance at dismissal. Doing nothing means you will never be able to drive in the US until this is resolved because Florida will suspend your license to drive.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/12, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Florida