Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My daughter is listed on all of my legal documents. She has remarried since those documents were executed and has, of course, changed her surname. Do I have to change all of those documents?

Asked on 10/12/17, 9:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Levi Wilkes Levi Lawrence Wilkes, Attorney-at-Law, PLLC

Without seeing the documents I'm unable to give you a definitive opinion but so long as the beneficiary is reasonably ascertainable you should be okay. However thats not to say that there might be changes you might want to address in your will as a result of the marriage. Perhaps your daughter has children or is planning on having children, would you want to provide for them? My suggestion is to write down some questions you have and your ultimate goals and have an attorney review this with you while looking at your previously executed Will. Even if an attorney charges you for one hour to do all this I think its well worth it to have piece of mind that what you want to be implemented will be. Hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 10/12/17, 9:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida