Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My Father passed away in 2002, at that time I filed a caveat against his estate. I did not have the $$ to persue fighting his estate, Do I still have the legal right to fight for my portion of this. That will I saw said all of his wordly goods and assests would be divided equally amongst his 3 children

Asked on 6/11/11, 9:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sanford M. Martin Sanford M. Martin, P.A.

Based on the facts described in your inquiry, especially the fact that your father passed in 2002, your options are quite limited regarding the administration of your father's estate. If the estate was administered in accordance with his will and/or trusts and Florida probate law, you will have serious difficulty in raising any objections unless the estate was administered in a manner in conflict with your father's intent or in a wrongful or fraudulent manner. You are advised to discuss the issues, especially your rationale for objecting to the administration of the estate, with an experienced attorney.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/11, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida