Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

My mother has been deceased for 10 years and I have 5 other siblings, my sister has been renting my mothers house ~ which was left to all 6 of us in her will. What legal recourse do I have to stop the home from being rented? My other siblings are financially well off and don't mind that she's renting the property.

Asked on 11/03/12, 1:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Was there a probate? You are entitled to a share of reasonable rent.

Read more
Answered on 11/03/12, 1:56 pm
Lucreita Becude Lucreita D. Becude, P.A.

Mr. Slater is correct. Your sister should be paying rent and you should be getting a portion of it. The estate needs to be probated since there in property. If I can of service, please contact my office for an appointment.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/12, 1:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida