Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I want to have a trust created after I pass away to leave everything to a charity of my choice. The trust will be created after I pass away. What type of trust would that be and is something like that even possible?"

Also, I am located in Florida.

Asked on 9/01/13, 1:52 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Joseph Justice The Justice Law Firm

It should not be difficult to accomplish your goals but you will probably need to consult with an estate planning attorney. As a general answer to your question you will need a will that directs the creation of the trust, but as a practical matter it may make more sense to set up the trust ahead of time. Each situation is unique so the best course of action varies from person to person.

Read more
Answered on 9/01/13, 1:56 pm
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

The trust created within your will is called a testamentary trust. yes it is possible. Seek an appropriate attorney to assist you in achieving this result.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 9:55 am
Dean Bress Bress Law Firm

Your questions involved whether it is possible to create such a trust for the charity. The answer is that your may create such a trust in your Will. I would want to know what you want to accomplish by the trust and will the trust end at some point, and, if so, who will receive whatever is left in the trust at that time. A testamentary charitable trust is fine but have you thought about why you want a trust.

Read more
Answered on 9/02/13, 10:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida