Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

I need a probate attorney pretty quick. I have a copy of a will only.

Asked on 8/24/13, 7:39 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Dean Bress Bress Law Firm

If the testator (person who signed the Will and later died) the Will there is a presumption that the testator revoked the Will, so you would need to overcome that presumption and then FL Section 733.207 says: "Establishment and probate of lost or destroyed will.´┐ŻAny interested person may establish the full and precise terms of a lost or destroyed will and offer the will for probate. The specific content of the will must be proved by the testimony of two disinterested witnesses, or, if a correct copy is provided, it shall be proved by one disinterested witness." Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 8:56 pm
Barry Stein De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary

Mr. Bress states it quite well. You have an uphill battle. Seeking an attorney requires you to contact someone with all your documentation.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/13, 7:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida