Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

Can our will with NY address's just be changed to FL if we both initial it? My nephew passed away he was to be co-executor of our wills. ( his children are to receive his share as per stirpes) , can I  cross out his name & insert his wife's name?  I have my niece as co-executor & she's also inheriting a 1/3 of our estate, is that OK in FL? Can I make these changes on my wifes' will? Thank you in advance, Lou K.

Asked on 1/18/21, 11:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

No. You cannot make these changes like this if you want Florida to accept the will. If you now live in Florida, I strongly recommend re-doing your wills with a Florida attorney since the laws are different. I would also suggest having your Durable Power of Attorney, Designation of Health Care Surrogate, and Living Will updated if you have them. If you don't have these other crucial documents, I would encourage to have them done.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/21, 4:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida