Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Florida

with no will in the state of Florida , husband dies have 1 child over 18 is she get partial monies

Asked on 12/26/20, 6:47 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

No. All to surviving spouse.

Read more
Answered on 12/26/20, 7:17 am

For those assets that are subject to probate, the child is entitled to 50% if the child is not your child. If the child is also your child, you would get 100% of the estate subject to probate. Examples of assets not subject to probate, include: life insurance policies with a named beneficiary(ies), real estate without a right of survivorship title, and other property without a named beneficiary(ies) or without right of survivorship clauses. Many probate attorney attorneys offer free initial consultations.

Read more
Answered on 12/26/20, 7:24 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Florida