Legal Question in Business Law in Georgia

My boyfriend worked for a security company for a month and has never been paid one cent. What does he need to do? We live in the state of Georgia. We both have called and they keep telling us next week and giving us the run around.

Asked on 3/24/10, 7:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Yasha Heidari Heidari Power Law Group, LLC

You may want to sue the company in small claims court and seek to recover damages (payment) for breach of contract and unjust enrichment.

Alternatively, you may want to hire a local civil litigation attorney to represent you in this matter, as it is quite likely that the attorney will be able to recover his or her attorney's fees from the security company. This way, you won't even have to pay the attorney out of pocket.

Read more
Answered on 3/29/10, 7:53 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Sue the company in small claims court.

Read more
Answered on 3/30/10, 1:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Georgia