Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Georgia

I cashed a pay check from my job back in 2006 at a check cashing liquor store. The check did not clear.Since then I had to go to court and talked with representative. Told him I only cashed paycheck. Years have gone by, and I never was told I had to pay any one. On Aug. 30 2013, policeman came to my home and arrested me said that I had to go to Magistrate Court immediately upon incarceration. They locked me up. Later they called me to say I would see the judge. After that they said judge had released me. I asked what did I have to do , was rold that judge dismussed case. On 9/11 officer brought paper for me to court on Oct 3 . What do I need to do about this. The paper has other person that paid me the check. I worked hard for the small paycheck i received.

Asked on 9/12/13, 7:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You have serious legal problems and have failed to take care of them. You cashed a check at the store and walked out with the store's cash, and left them with a bad check. You say you worked hard for the paycheck, but the owner of the store probably worked hard for the cash they handed you, and they are not responsible for your wages. You were fortunate you were not arrested and sued in 2006, but letting it go has led to current trouble (including an arrest on your record). You may have some defenses based on 7 years going by (which may be why the Judge dismissed), but the simple solution is probably to pay what you owe the store.

Read more
Answered on 9/12/13, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Georgia