Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Georgia

I received a judgement in 2005 for a disposition case. The judge ordered I leave property but not have to pay any fees or fines due to nature of me breaking the lease. The court document I have states this. Can the apartment company report to the credit bureaus saying I owe them money and can i sure them. I have attempted numerous times to get this off but I can not contact them. I also disputed this item on my credit report but no action was taken.

Asked on 11/16/11, 2:03 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

See a lawyer. If what you said is true you may have an excellent suit.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/11, 2:50 pm

Trying to dispute this with the credit bureaus is useless. You need to dispute this with the landlord or apartment rental company who put this information on yuor report that is erroneous. If the landlord/apartment rental company refuses to correct this after a written demand to do so has been made, then you may have a case for violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act.

I agree with Attorney Ashman. You should go and pay a lawyer for a 30 minute consult. Take a recent copy of your credit report showing the incorrect information supplied by the landlord and a copy of the court order or judgment.

Read more
Answered on 11/16/11, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Georgia