Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

should a 24 year old man hire an attorney for 2 charges of aggravated child molestation with a 13 year old even if she was more than willing and the evidence is very strong against him.or should he plead guilty and hope for the best with a court appointed attorney

Asked on 9/17/13, 9:33 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Someone facing years of prison (and unpleasant years at that) and a lifetime of being an outcast from society probably should get the best lawyer they can find and not "hope for the best." The lawyer will probably advise that "she wanted it" is never a good defense, nor is admitting guilt on the internet.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 9:43 am

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

A 13 year old cannot consent. A 13 year old cannot consent. See website for info on retaining the right attorney:

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 9:44 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

A 13 year old cannot legally consent. You face up to 20 years in prison, and then a lifetime of being unemployable as you will be a registered sex offender. You need the best lawyer you can find.

Read more
Answered on 9/17/13, 1:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia