Legal Question in Criminal Law in Georgia

Behind on child support but I try to spend time with my kids the mother won't let me and she has filed a abandonment warrant. Do I have a defense?

Asked on 9/22/13, 12:15 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

If you want visitation you file a court case to seek it. The lack of visitation is not a defense to not paying support. Catch up the support immediately unless you want to risk jail, even if you have to borrow to do it, and then get a lawyer to seek visitation.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/13, 12:34 pm

Lawrence Lewis Lawrence Lewis, P.C.

NO. Either you have paid, or you have not paid. The children need to eat, and love will not fill their bellies. See website for info on retaining the right attorney:

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 9/25/13, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Georgia