Legal Question in Elder Law in Georgia

Daughter and Husband Abusing Parents

My sister and her husband are entering the hospital where my dad is and putting documents in front of him asking him sigin over his money, property that goes against his will.

His mind is not right because of medication. Also, that are contributing to the stress in his life. He has attorney, how do we stop this? My mom has she can not be of any help. They are also

abusing his lawyer...and the executor of his estate.

He just quit.

He gave power of attorney to my little sister Jan and my siter Sara has another signed in the hospital that says it is invalid. How many types of Power of Attorney do we need?

Mediacal, Financial, and what about legal guardinship for my mom and my dad....


Asked on 10/20/06, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Christopher Ballar Christopher A. Ballar PC

Re: Daughter and Husband Abusing Parents

It sounds as though someone may need to file for guardianship to stop what is going on, if he is not in his right mind. Guardianship would also clear up the power of attorney issue.

Read more
Answered on 10/20/06, 11:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Elder Law questions and answers in Georgia