Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My 13 year old brother is going to be coming down to Georgia to stay with me for the summer. He and our mother are both residents of Illinois. We're needing to get a Child Care Power of Attorney for me to be able to act in my mother's stead such as receiving healthcare for him, placing him into any summer camps or other activities, and anything else I would need to do will he is here. I found a couple of Child Care Power of Attorney forms from and I was more looking at purchasing the POA from come because it is specifically for a single parent and seems to be more of a legalized document, but upon looking through the preview in the section where the notary signs it, it's states "signed on this day of __ in the city of __, Georgia! My mother is not going to be accompanying my brother down here so this poses a bit of a problem, since she is going to be filling out and notarizing the POA in the state of Illinois. I would like some guidance on what to do and possibly which form to take. If anyone would please take a look at both forms and give me a little direction in which way to go. My brother arrives in Georgia this sunday on June, 15, 2013. Thank you for your time.

Asked on 6/10/13, 10:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

Since I do not use on-line forms in my office, I cannot really tell you. This site is to answer questions, not do research or review documents. I suggest if you want to use an on-line form, you have it reviewed by a Georgia attorney or take the risk of it not being sufficient.

Read more
Answered on 6/11/13, 11:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia