Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

In child addoption i cannot locate the mother for her location. she is 15 months in child support. the only address she would provide me was a po box. can i send the paper work there certified and this serve as legally served.

Asked on 10/14/10, 12:09 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

No. You may need to serve the mother through "publication." You will have to get the Court's permission to do so. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 10/19/10, 12:13 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

No. And if you are thinking of doing an adoption without a lawyer, even most attorneys lack the knowledge to do one, so hire a good adoption lawyer.

A court may approve other means of service, although mail is not one of them.

Read more
Answered on 10/19/10, 12:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia