Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

child support

my ex wife is trying to take me to court to raise my child support. The issue is I need to know where I stand. We have 3 kids together but only one is under 18. The child in question is not in school and is working close to 40 per week if not more. Can she do that?

Asked on 8/13/08, 6:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Harold Holcombe Harold D. Holcombe, P.C.

Re: child support

Without getting all the facts I would argue that some sort of deviation might be in order. If the child is living with her and she is providing shelter for the child then she probably should get something. If there were three children originally I don't know how she could get more child support, seems that it would be less. You need to get a consultation with a family law attorney and take all the previous orders with you and discuss your options.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/08, 7:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia