Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My grandmother was given temporary custody of my daughter after she was born , do too my drug problems. when she was 3 yrs. old my grandmother asked me to give her full custody to see if she could get income for her through my grandfather , (military) so i signed away my rights , never read the paper work because i trusted her when she promised to never keep her from me, and at the time i wasn't in no position to give her the care she needed , well lets just say , i feel like a fool and powerless over my own child. i have since got clean and now my daughter is 9 yrs. and my grandmother will not let me or my family , nor the fathers family see her . i've been aloud to see her only when my grandmother would allow, but then she would flip (like a light switch on then off) with no reason . i really can not deal with this pain. my daughter don't even know my father or my sister who are good people , never been addicts or nothing bad about their nature in regards to being kept from my daughter . i need to know what i can do or what i need to to in order to at least get visitation rights. ~ needing my baby in ga. ~

Asked on 3/28/13, 4:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

This is a complicated situation. I brief response to a posting which involves custody of a child cannot fully go into everything that needs to be done in order to regain rights to your child. It is also not clear what document you signed, although I am assuming custody. You need to immediately consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/13, 5:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia