Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My husband and I have been separated for over a year and he lives in a different state. He is no longer in the army but I still am. we have still been getting BAH from the army and I just give him half. I started seeing someone else and informed him I would be filing for divorce. When he couldn't talk me out of it he came down here and took a bunch of pictures of me and hacked my iCloud. Yesterday he sent me a text saying he would report me to the army for adultry if I do not give him $5000. Is this legal? It feels very much like blackmail but I want to know what I should do about it.

Asked on 9/24/13, 4:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You should (1) swear out a warrant for his arrest. Not only is embezzlement illegal, but hacking into your computer is a serious felony with huge fines and potentially many years in prison. He is in way over his head. You must make a police report and should pursue him vigorously in the criminal courts. Save the text forever - he has hung himself. (2) You get a lawyer to handle your divorce .

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 2:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia