Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia

My name is Michael Booth and i was divorced in 2006 in the state of Georgia, and directly after it was final my ex wife moved her and the 3 children to Michigan. Their present ages are a 21 year old daughter and a 17 and 15 year old sons.

It states in my papers "Child support shall begin upon execution of this agreement and shall continue until all children have graduated college or reached the age of twenty five, whichever occurs first."

My daughter will turn 22 years old in October of 2013, she will be graduating college on May 11 2013, and will be continuing her education for her masters at Arkansas Tech University.

My questions are 1] do i have to keep paying for her in grad school since there is a difference between a college and university? and she has graduated college?

2] if my support is to end at her college graduation would i still have to pay for her medical insurance (i reimburse their mother for this) under the affordable health care act that took effect in 2010?

Thank You

Michael Booth

Asked on 5/08/13, 9:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You need to sit down with a lawyer. Properly written college provisions define the term, so the answer should be in your papers. Without reading them in their entirety, it's impossible to answer you.

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 4:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia