Legal Question in Family Law in Georgia the time I signed the divorce agreement I never saw the child worksheet. I signed the agreement on sept 8th of 2010 and the worksheet was dated sept. 12th which is after the date I signed the agreement it was all filed on Sept. 30th. What can be done about that? Also I noticed on the worksheet there are lines that weren't completed. Health insurance which I pay for my son is not listed and he collects social security disablity off his mother which is blind. I believe that is line 12 on the worksheet he draws about 600 a month. Should that have been listed as well. Any answer u have is welcomed thank again.

Asked on 8/23/13, 8:35 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You should have discussed this your lawyer, and that is what you should do now. You also posted your name the personal business, and the personal business of others, on a public website in violation of the rules of this site. Anyone in the world will see it if they search your name.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 3:10 am

Tahira Piraino Tahira P. Piraino

I suggest you speak with a family law attorney. The child support worksheet would have been completed at some point prior to signing the agreement. Otherwise, it would have been impossible to determine child support. If you weren't represented at the time that was a mistake on your part.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 4:50 am
Paula McGill Attorney at Law

If you believe there was a mistake on the child support worksheet three years ago, it's too late to reverse the decision to correct any overpayment. However, it's not too late to modify your child support obligation forward. Retain counsel to file the appropriate petition.

If you are considering doing it on your own, which is not advised, you should take the time and money to participate in an in-office consultation with a lawyer.

If you need additional information, you can contact me at ([email protected] or (770)367-1234.


5425 Peachtree Parkway

Peachtree Corners, GA 30092

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 11:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Georgia