Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Georgia

Can I suew a person that made false accusation against me with malicious intent that caused intentinally emotional of distraess?

I will like to sue the person that made false accusation against. I was cleared from the accusation but my life was destroyed mentally because of the accusation. I can prove everything and more,which is how i was cleared. I thought i could press charges on him but i learned its up to the police department i think he paid off. I don;t know but the whole case was fishy and i still only know 10% of the case because i keep hearing i can;t tell you much but you're cleared. I will like to first send a settlement or disist desease letter. Long short story. Please i need justice.


Asked on 4/24/17, 5:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Yes, but it depends:

But you need all of the documents from the district attorney's office and the clerk's office (Bartow County Courthouse if that's where you were arrested and charged)

You'll need the address for the other party's residence (domicile) to serve him/her with your lawsuit and discovery documents

Best to hire an attorney who can do defamation and abusive litigation actions (if the statute of limitation has not already run out for you)

Good luck


(770.985.6773 - answered 24x7x365)

Read more
Answered on 4/24/17, 9:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Georgia