Legal Question in Insurance Law in Georgia

I ran off the road in Illinois and my car was totaled. My daughter had to be in the hospital for 3 days. I live in Georgia and my insurance company is telling me that her medical bills aren't covered under my Bodily Injury policy because she live at the same address as me is this true?

Asked on 2/21/13, 6:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ronald Arthur Lowry Ronald Arthur Lowry

If you have medical expense coverage ("Med-Pay") that will pay up to the policy limit (which is usually $5,000 or $10,000) to cover medical expenses for anyone injured in your car. I suspect the insurer is saying that it will not cover a liability claim brought by your daughter against you. There is some legal basis for that but, like most things, it depends on the facts. Don't give up on this. You need to get an attorney ASAP who is an expert in automobile insurance cases. Most lawyers won't understand the complexity and know how to combat the insurer on this so be sure to get a lawyer who is experienced in this area of the law.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/13, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Georgia