Legal Question in Juvenile Dependency in Georgia

My son resides in Georgia with his father, My son left his house on a Thursday afternoon @ 6 pm as my son said, he will turn 16 on 11/03. The Home Land Security at the Atlanta International Airport call me at which I'm his mother that stays in South Carolina telling me to come get my son due to he ran away said his father had been beating on him, also he wouldn't answer the phone for them, I left asa I got off the phone its almost a 5 hour drive, I got him returned back to my house around 9 am the following morning, "Friday' Didnt hear anything from his father until 9:30 Friday night asking me " What's going on" in a Happy tone which is very usually due to we barely even talk, I reply "A whole lot of stuff, I would like to know myself" he ask if I heard anything from our son. Yes I Have him with me, he ask why didnt I call to let him know, I ask why he didnt call me when he ran away? HIS RESPONSE I AM CALLING YOU I JUST NOTICE HE WASNT HOME TONIGHT, I SAID HES BEEN GONE SINCE 6PM THURSDAY HOW YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOUR CHILD IS HOME OR NOT. I GUESS MY ? IS WHAT CAN I DO? MY SON IS TERRIFIED HE DOES NOT WANT TO GO BACK, I DON'T WANT HIM TO GO BACK TO GET ABUSED

Asked on 7/09/17, 4:54 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


Hire an attorney and change custody to you

Read more
Answered on 7/10/17, 4:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Juvenile Dependency questions and answers in Georgia