Legal Question in Employment Law in Georgia

I've worked as a Senior Commercial and Interior Designer for a boutique architectural firm for over 8 years. The company has recently come upon hard financial times. I have not been paid any income income within the last 4 months, yet, I have continued to contribute my time and services to the company because of its promises of future financial support. I have grown wiery of the 'promises without producing'!

What is the most efficient and effective ways to accrue monies owed to me ( ~ $ 15,000) from my company. What steps should I tack.

Asked on 11/16/15, 10:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Assuming you are an employee, which seems to be the case, they are in breach of your employment agreement and wage and hour laws. As such, I would suggest having an attorney draft a demand letter to recover all amounts owed if they are not responding to you.

Read more
Answered on 11/17/15, 3:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Georgia