Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Georgia

I want to get my 32 year old son out of my house he says he has squatter's rights and won't leave I took him in when he got evicted now he won't leave and is causing us hell do I have to file an eviction notice please help thank you Tim

Asked on 4/27/17, 10:49 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glenn M. Lyon, Esq. MacGREGOR LYON, LLC, Business Attorneys

Yes, you are requited to provide at least 60 days' notice to vacate, and if he doe snot leave by such date, you can file a dispossessory action in the local magistrate court.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/17, 10:50 am

Glenn is absolutely right

Send notice to vacate to him by certified mail, giving him 60 days to vacate (you must do it before May 1st otherwise you have to wait until June 1st to give him the 60 day notice) return receipt requested send to your house where he resides

Note: if his is putting you in fear or is threatening you or your husband, you can go to the superior court and get a TPO to get him away from you immediately!!


Read more
Answered on 4/27/17, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Georgia