Legal Question in Personal Injury in Georgia

If i suffered a grease burn on the job because of not having proper safety equipment could i sue??

Asked on 7/28/13, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

In Georgia, if you work a job other than an agricultural job, the only recourse you have against your employer for injuries sustained on the job is worker's compensation. You might have a claim against a manufacturer of equipment if the equipment failure or malfunction caused the injury, but not against the employer itself. You may want to call and discuss this with a worker's compensation lawyer in your area to see if it is worth you while to file a claim.

Read more
Answered on 7/29/13, 6:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Georgia