Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Georgia

How do I fill out a new warranty deed? My husband is deceased. My fiancÚ and I paid off the house and have a cancellation of deed and need both of our names as the guarantees.

Asked on 10/16/13, 1:53 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Your post does not make much sense on what you are trying to accomplish, but the answer to your basic question is to hire a RE lawyer to prepare a deed and review the documents. The fact that you are not married raises other questions about how it needs to be handled.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 1:56 pm

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office

You don't take over title to a house by paying. That is done through a probate proces. By the way it is often an awful idea to share ownership of realty outside of marriage. Sit down with a lawyer to handle the probate, etc.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/13, 3:49 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Georgia