Legal Question in Sexual Harassment in Georgia

Good day! My question is, how would i know if there is a case filed against my son? The father of her ex-girlfriend has been threatening my son. First threat came 2 months after my son, 19 broke up with the girl, 15 because his dad opposes their relationship. No case was filed, second threat came 1 year and 3 months after the first threat. The father said he'd file RA 7610 against my son. What must I do to check if they really push with their plan since it's almost been a month that the father said that?

Asked on 11/11/12, 3:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You need to post this in criminal law, not sexual harassment law. Your son may learn of the charges when the police show up to arrest him. At that time, he needs a good criminal lawyer. Given that your post raises big red flags of possible statutory rape charges, which could mean years in prison and a lifetime of registering as a sex offender, you may be wise to have him see a good lawyer now. Posting more details on the internet would not be a good idea.

Read more
Answered on 11/12/12, 2:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Sexual Harassment Law questions and answers in Georgia