Legal Question in Tax Law in Georgia

Can I call the law on the state? as funny as that sounds....paid off a tax lien to the state of Georgia so I could buy a was from 2001 and didn't show up on my credit until 2009...any how I send a certified check from the bank to them weeks order to close I need anything from them saying they have it and its processing at least...they tell me they have nothing but the bank says they cashed the check...what do I do now? I need to close on my house in less than a week!

Asked on 5/19/14, 7:05 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

Saying "call the law" usually sounds funny anyway, but what exactly do you mean? Call the police and they go to the Dept. of Revenue and force them to do something? What have you done to get copies and other information about the check from the bank and then work with the DOR to trace it? You don't have legal issue. You just need to keep working on your end with the bank and the DOR and lender.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/14, 4:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Georgia