Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

Invalid Driver's License

A month ago I was stopped by a motorcycle cop for speeding. The cop took my license and insurance to run a check. He came back to the car and said that my license were invalid. He asked about a ticket in 2001. I told him that I had just cleared all tickets up and gotten my license back. He did not arrest me but he gave me a ticket for driving with an invalid license. I think this is not true because I had taken care of every thing and had received no notice of the suspension. My question is, is there anyway for me to fight this. I am not looking to pay I high fine or spend time in jail regarding this. What do you suggest the route I should take. Should I go to court alone or should I try to get a lawyer?

Asked on 12/05/06, 2:09 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: Invalid Driver's License

When in doubt, get a lawyer. This is the best way to assure that everything that can be done on your behalf is. It also assures that the prosecution will not cut any procedural corners.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/06, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia