Legal Question in Traffic Law in Georgia

I received a speeding ticket 2 weeks ago, I did not notice till the next day when I looked at it that the information on it was wrong. The ticket was written out to someone in North Carolina and I live in Georgia. The only part of the ticket that was my information was truck year, make and model. The officer who issued me the ticket proceeded to call me 3 days later and and ask me if I could meet him somewhere so he can issue me a new ticket because the one that got written to me the day of me speeding had an error and wanted me to have one with all the correct information, I refused. I went and called to find out what the amount I owed on my "incorrect" ticket was and they told me that ticket had been voided but the had a new one for me because the officer made a mistake. Is there anything I can do to fight and either have it reduced or thrown out since the officer issued and incorrect ticket and now they have a new ticket for me without me knowing about it or signing for it.

Asked on 2/10/16, 1:45 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Probably not

Need to see both tickets

Stopped putting detailed facts about your case online. Prosecutor can get it

Read more
Answered on 2/10/16, 4:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in Georgia