Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

In 1998 a court order issued ordering someone to make a quick claim deed to me. They have never done this and to this date I have not attempted action. Now due to circumstances I need to have that order enforced. Is it still valid?

Asked on 8/04/14, 9:39 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

There is no such thing as a "quick deed." Did you mean quitclaim deed? There is no way for us to tell you if your order is valid or enforeceable without seeing the order.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/14, 10:32 am
Robert Gardner Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP

It may be but, depending on the type of order, your next best step could be one of many. Find a lawyer in the field where this order was entered and go and see them. The may recommend anything from going back to court to simply sending a letter demanding that the deed be signed and forwarded to you.

Read more
Answered on 8/04/14, 11:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia