Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia

my mother is mental unstable which forms to i need to get power of attorney?

Asked on 8/18/10, 6:26 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

If your mother is mentally unstable, she may not have the capacity to even sign the "forms." Further, these matters are very poorly handled by downloading "forms." If your mother has, or is beginning to have, mental problems, see an elder lawyer immediately before it gets worse, to properly handle ALL affairs.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/10, 6:32 am
Glen Ashman Ashman Law Office also dba Glen Ashman Attorney

If she is mentally unstable, she likely cannot do a power of attorney. You need to meet with a lawyer (actually SHE has to do it). If she is competent, she can do a power if she wishes (you cannot compel it). If she is not competent, you can, with a different lawyer than the one who advised her, consider a guardianship.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/10, 9:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia