Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Georgia


Can my uncle designate me and my sister as his sole beneficiaries for all assets and insurance in the state of Georgia? He is divorced and has 2 adult children that he doesn't want to leave anything to unless we decide.

Asked on 5/09/07, 11:46 am

2 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Wills

Your uncle should employ an attorney to draft his estate planning documents. His adult children may take advantage of a document that was obviously drafted without the assistance of a lawyer by filing a challenge to the estate, which is always costly to defend; hence, the expense of hiring an attorney now, will be a worthwhile investment. Tell your uncle to feel free to contact me in the event that he wants to discuss what employing a lawyer will involve.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/07, 12:04 pm
Charles W. Field Charles W. Field, Attorney at Law

Re: Wills

Yes, he can do this. However, he should get an attorney to draw up the documents. In most cases, the children will try to contest anything from which they are excluded.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/07, 2:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Georgia