Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

I am in Georgia and I am on worker's compensation due to a disc bulge from a fall and aggravated by lifting weight beyond my weight. I have no restrictions as said by the physican, however my employer is reluctant to put me back on the schedule because she is worried that I will injury my back again because still in pain and taking several medications to relieve this problem. I can't receive benefits to take care of my income only doctor appointments will be taken care of by the insurance. What do I do for income?

Asked on 11/29/10, 2:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lynda Parker Law Office of Lynda S. Parker, P.C.

Your entitlement to income benefits depends on whether your authorized treating physician has disabled you from working, either partially or totally. If you disagree with your doctor's full duty work release, you may want to return to him or her and express your concerns. If you are dissatisifed with your treating physician, you may be entitled to ask for a new physician. If the new physician takes you out of work completely because of your injury or assigns restrictions that your employer cannot accommodate, you will be entitled to income benefits. You would benefit from seeking the advice of an attorney who can determine if you are entitled to a new doctor.

Read more
Answered on 12/04/10, 3:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia