Legal Question in Workers Comp in Georgia

I injured my tentindis in my arm been having bad sharp pains in my right arm all the way down to my wrists. The reason for such pain repetitive movement of the right arm. I was a machine operator constantly moving my right arm and hands repetitively . I received workers comp and the insurance doctor released that I return to work light duty restrictions of the right hand. Before I was returned back to work I was told by the doctor I would be re packing mask as my light duty work so I went back to work on light duty restriction on the right hand ( I am right handed) in returning to work there was no mask to be repack instead I was put on a machine which I had to use my right arm and hand repetitive I attempt the job for 2 hours in pain but could not proceed with it. So I told human resource and she states well the doctor said u can perform this duty I told her that doctor told me I would be repacking mask. HR said that is not what I suggest the light duty was anyway I was sent home. Before leaving the doc office I ask her what if they put me back on a machine she said that is not in the paperwork I sent to the Board but if they do at least temp it if u can not do it tell your boss. Long story short now the employer and the insurance carrier wants to stop my benefits because they feel the job was suitable for me. As of March 16 2012 I was terminated for refusing suitable employment. Therefore I was forced to get me a lawyer. Reminder the doc did no X-ray or MRI so they really do not know what kind of injuries I have had the last 2 mos. my attorney saids I defently have a case. My question can they fired me by saying refused suitable work when I tried it but could not do it. Moving me from one machine to another is not light duty.

Asked on 3/18/12, 4:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Scott Riddle Law Office of Scott B. Riddle, LLC

You have a lawyer. That is who answers questions about your case.

Read more
Answered on 3/18/12, 5:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Georgia