Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Hawaii

If I inherited land from my mothers estate which can only be handed down to blood relatives. Would my husband have any rights to that parcel of land and if so, would he be able to leave his share to his daughter ( My step daughter)?

Asked on 9/21/11, 3:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jon Zahaby Tour bus, scenic and sightseeing, operation

Your husband has no rights to the land unless you convey title to him or he is awarded rights by judgment of a court. If you wish to give your husband rights in the land you would need to convey an interest to him by deed. The deed or your husband's estate documents will dictate any interest that will be allowed to pass to his daughter. Aloha, Jon A. Zahaby, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 9/21/11, 3:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Hawaii