Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Illinois

I'm 16 and pregnant, my boyfriend is 17, my father is angered and disagrees with keeping the child and threatens that he will pursue legal action against my boyfriend if i choose to keep it, is my father truly able to take my boyfriend to court or sue him and get him in trouble in any way, or is it more likely a scare tactic? I live in Illinois.

Asked on 5/05/16, 7:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Betty Tsamis Tsamis Law Firm PC

Your boyfriend is subject to criminal charges because you have not yet reached the age of consent in Illinois. Meaning, you could not legally consent to a sex act in Illinois. This might help clarify:

Read more
Answered on 5/05/16, 7:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Illinois